Monday, August 21, 2006

If one more person asks to touch my hair….

I think I am going to scream! I don’t know what changed lately but it seems everywhere I go, especially out at the clubs, people forever come up and ask if they can touch my hair. Sometimes people don’t even both to ask and will stand right in front of me and proceed to grab one of my locks. Others who do actually ask may take it upon themselves to rub their hands through my head. I don’t get it. And it’s not like Mexicans don’t have locs either. I have seen many with locs, or rastas as they call them. Well maybe not many people but definitely enough for it not to be some new amazing phenomenon to see someone with locs. Not sure what I am going to do about that one. I try to give people odd looks so that they may get the point that this is weird and annoying request. Saying no straight out seems a bit mean especially when I am still trying to make friends. Maybe I’ll just wear a hat.

Well, I have finally moved and settled into my house. I like it so far. I have been busy cleaning and trying to get rid of bugs and cobwebs. It seems that no matter what you do, you can’t get rid of ALL the roaches. I’ve asked everyone and no one seems to have a clue as to keep them all out of the house no matter how clean you keep it. I think I’m gonna have to buy stock in Raid. My roommates are pretty cool. The two Mexican guys, Luis and Hector, just moved in the last of their stuff yesterday. The house is pretty nice, definitely a lot cleaner than where I was before, and in a decent neighborhood that I am still trying to figure out. The only thing is that I think the furniture, tv and washing machine is about as old as the house itself. The furniture looks like some Victorian style and is about as comfortable as sitting on a cinder block. The TV is the oldest I’ve seen. I think the company made some attempt at color but only a red tint came out. The worst part is that there is no remote, so you have to actually get up to change to one of the four channels that we get. Oh and only the down channel button works. I found the washing machine too, or what they call a washing machine. Literally, it is a round, tin trashcan with an agitator. No lid. No water (you have to fill it yourself). And no Spin cycle. No one has ventured to use it yet and so was just take our laundry up the street to the laundromat.

written 8/11/06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home